In The Bag

Tuesday, February 7, 2017


I haven't done a post like this in a while and they happen to be some of my favorite to read. This is my selection of items I used during summer vacation, hence the natural and pink theme.

Nobody likes a ton of stuff on their face in the hot summer months... well, I don't anyway. The pink makeup bag from Victoria's Secret I bought on sale for 50% off which I consider not bad. And since it fit the color scheme I decided to bring it with me.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla
A great natural foundation with light to medium coverage. Perfect for the summer!

Maybelline Affinitone Concealer in 02 Natural
Check our my "Monthly Favorites #1" post coming soon!

Maybelline Master Glaze Blush in Just-Pinched Pink no. 10
A very natural light pink blush in an easy-to-blend formula, great to throw in a beach bag.

Maybelline 24HR Color Tatoo in On And On Bronze no. 35
Perfect for the evening to create a more intense eye. I love it because the staying power is fantastic and it's at a drugstore price. I usually use my finger to blend it out but a brush also works (here I have the Sephora All Over Shadow brush in no. 22).

Maybelline Define-A-Lash Mascara
Not for those who like thick spidery lashes because the finish is very natural and each lash is precisely defined without any clumping! I love it for the natural look it creates.

Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in no. 04 Vanilla Rose
One of my favorite drugstore powders, I think this one can easily rival more expensive brands.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt no. 611
I brought this in case I wanted a natural eye shadow. These are very simple and easy to use and although there are better versions out there these are really not bad for the price. This color is a very wearable champagne tone with a slight sheen.

Sephora Unique Pink Lip Balm
I love this stuff! It goes with everything and creates the perfect pink pout. It's supposed to match up to the pH of ones skin and although I'm not sure that is true, the color it gives is very flattering and lasts a good amount of time. The only downside is that there seems to be a tendency to dry out the lips so keep a good lip treatment on hand.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Heiress
I'm not a fan of lipgloss in general so don't quote me on this :) The color here is what attracted my attention but the formula is quite thick so unless you can deal with hair in your gloss this is not for you. The applicator though is quite unique since it's just a flat piece of silicone so if you want to test something new out maybe give this a go?!

Victoria's Secret Makeup Bag
A good sized makeup bag to fit all your essentials.

Post a Comment