Vintage Fashion Competition (Summer 2015)

Tuesday, February 21, 2017


As some may know, one of my favourite things to do is to recreate style from the past. Since summer vacation is (fairly) fast approaching I wanted to share this video I found, from a competition I took part in two years ago. Hopefully I can do something similar again this year!

The event was part of a wider commemorative celebration of the June 6th 1944 landing of Allied forces in Normandy, France. Included in the week-long happening was a 1940s fashion show, 1940s open-to-the-public fashion competition (which I took part in), jazz music concerts, dioramas, reenactments of battles and much more.

So take a look at the short video below and catch a glimpse of my outfit at 1:50 minutes - events like these might convince you to visit the beautiful Polish peninsula!

 


Post a Comment