Lip Balm 101

Thursday, February 6, 2014

It’s posts like these I read most often. “Why?” you may ask. Well, simply because lip balms are one of the most basic cosmetic products. I mean… even guys use them! Since one uses them so often it seems sensible to
buy them mostly from the drugstore. So, here are my top four drugstore lip balms.




Firstly, Carmex. Ah, the good old Carmex and this one is even cherry flavored! This is probably one of the most iconic lip balms. I remember my mom carrying a tub of this stuff when I was a little girl (I think I still have that pot somewhere… I’m kind of sentimental when it comes to little things). It is simply an all round good lip balm. It has that unique sensation upon application (catch the rhyme?!) that I especially love in the colder months of winter.


Second is a rather new-ish launch; the oh-so-talked-about Maybelline Baby Lips. I have a couple of these but since we’re doing the classic post I chose the classic non-tinted one. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with this launch. After all the mentions this product got I expected something really great, yet to me this just feels like the average lip balm :(



The third product is classic Vaseline… with a twist. Similarly to the Cherry Carmex this Vaseline is also an updated version of the cult favorite as it is cocoa scented. I like both this one and the original and once again, like the Carmex, Vaseline is one of those iconic (yes, I will go as far as calling Vaseline iconic) products since it has probably been around for aaaaages. Not only that, it has so many cool uses. Check out Lily Melrose's post on "5 Uses For Vaseline"!


And last but not least my personal favorite: Blistex. In my opinion this stuff is the strongest and most effective in fighting very chapped lips. It feels a bit like medical ointment (hence the name MedPlus) giving it a less glamorous vibe, however I seriously think this is a one of the greatest products at an approachable price.

What lip balms are your favorites?

Post a Comment