Easter Time

Wednesday, April 30, 2014



My Easter holiday plans have been the same for most of my life. Namely: I go to Zakopane. If you're not Polish the word probably sounds funny to you. It actually translates into english as "covered in/over". I like
to think it refers to snow (as in "covered in snow") since the town is most known for being the home of the Tatra Mountains (a range of mountains shared between Poland, Slovakia and, I think, Czech too). It's quite a touristy place but we come mostly off season and to me it feels very much like a second home. I've watched the town grow and develop and I'm friends with my neighbors too! I love going to Church on Easter Sunday and looking at all the baskets everyone brings in. This year we were in a bit of a rush and my dad didn't manage to paint the face of Jesus on his egg :D but I still think we did a good job and the baskets turned out very pretty... and tasty.

Enough of the storytelling. I decided to put on this cute skirt and sweater since it wasn't actually that warm. The hat and scarf were necessary even though it's April :) I really like how these photos came out. I find that it can often be very difficult to capture good shots, especially when you're still learning, so it's always a big relief when things turn out well!

How do you guys celebrate Easter?









Sweater - Reserved
Skirt - Zara Kids
Tights - H&M kids
Hat & Scarf - Gap
Watch - Swatch
Shoes - Deichmann

Post a Comment