Red Lips

Thursday, December 12, 2013

It's December, so there is no doubt about the winter season being in full swing. And when would red lips be more appropriate than during this time? Not only is it a Christmas associated color (I don't
actually know why!?) but it is also a very classic and chic look worn throughout decades past.  So I decided to gather up my top four red lip products for this post. And I'll just add that they are all from the drugstore... Yay!


Products listed in order of swatches from left to right or clockwise in above photo.

MaxFactor Max Effect Lip Gloss in Vivid Red
This is the most sheer product of the bunch and is best worn over a more pigmented lipstick for that extra shine if you like a darker lip. On its own it just gives a tint of red. It is a bit sticky but I think that's usually the case with lip glosses, however it doesn't dry the lips out and smells quite good. FYI: I have no idea why it says "tester" it was unopened, don't worry I didn't shoplift ;)

Rimmel Lip Apocalypse Lip Laquer in Stellar
These lip lacquers are fantastic! The application is great, the color is very opaque and long lasting and they aren't too drying. Stellar is a warm and a bit pinky shade of red. There is a darker, more typical classic red in the range called "Big Bang" but I can't seem to find it anywhere in Poland.

Bourjois Color Boost in Red Island
The Bourjois Color Boosts are the brands version of Clinique Chubby Sticks. Although I've never tried the latter so can't compare I can say that the one above is one of my favorite for that casual, daily look. Adding to that the shade of red is one of my favorite. The result is relatively sheer but can be built up and although I don't think they're waterproof (as it says on the crayon) they are still a very hand little item to have. 

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in no. 10
I'm sure you've heard all the rave about the Kate Moss for Rimmel lipsticks and this one is yet another one. It is simply an all round great quality lipstick for the price. There is a number of different shades of red in the range but this one is probably the most "iconic" and great to create that sophisticated look. In fact it's the color I wear in the fashion post I plan to publish next. So keep an eye out for it!

What red colored lip products do you like most?

Post a Comment